Track your child’s growth with this painted board.
1. Sand and wipe clean a (6-foot-long) 1 x 6. Apply two coats of paint using a small roller. Allow each coat to dry.
2. Using a pencil and a tape measure, lightly mark each foot and the half and quarter points. Paint the marks using a small brush and black paint in a flat finish. Allow to dry.
3. Secure a number stencil (#106943) next to each foot mark, and stencil using black paint. Remove the stencil, and touch up as needed. When dry, seal the entire board with clear Polycrylic spray (#164683).
4. Hang the growth chart on your wall by attaching a self-leveling picture hanger (#52716) to the back.
5. Prime with spray primer (#165953), and then spraypaint mending plates (found in the hardware department). Allow to dry.
6. Write the date or the child’s age on each plate using a permanent marker. Secure each plate to the board using upholstery nails (#58201).