A new entry door can make your house feel like a home
Sure you want a door that adds value and curb appeal, but you also want an entryway with that special something that brings your home to life. It might be the door to the first home you’ve owned, or to the home where you’ve finally decided to settle down. Whatever your future holds, make sure you choose a door that suits your home or style. The right door will increase your home’s value and give your entrance the kind of allure that makes neighbors, friends, and family members want to come inside.
Make An Entrance
You have a lot of options when it comes to entry doors, and you want to choose the one that’s just right for your home. Here’s how.
1 FIND YOUR STYLE AND SHAPE
Numerous choices for glass inserts can truly personalize your entry. Look for:
- a design style that appeals to your taste and suits your home’s architecture, whether it’s traditional, Craftsman, old-world, or modern.
- a shape that will let light into your home, yet still provide your desired level of privacy; choose from a wide selection that includes everything from a small semicircle to two full-length rectangles.
- caming options—in finishes such as platinum, brass, and wrought iron—that will enhance the glass inserts.
Wood, steel, and fiberglass are the materials of choice for entry doors. Each has its own unique set of benefits.
If you want:
- a budget-friendly door with an authentic look and feel, then a wooden door may be best for you.
- a hearty door that resists cracking and warping, consider steel or fiberglass. Fiberglass doors are available with smoothsurface exteriors or with wood-graining.
- an energy-efficient entryway, ask about the door’s insulation and if it comes with weather stripping. These features can help save you money on energy bills.
After deciding on your glass inserts and choosing a door material, add the extras that will customize your entry and pull the whole design together.
- a transom (a glass insert installed above the door) that will complement the shape of your door’s glass inserts.
- sidelights, which also are available in a range of designs; opt for just one sidelight, or flank your door with a pair.
- Reliabilt’s flexible design plan, which allows you to choose your features from nearly 11,000 options, and then have your door built to your specifications.